Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dave Niehaus R.I.P.

Mariners broadcaster Dave Niehaus dies at 75
Longtime Mariners broadcaster Dave Niehaus has died at 75. According to his family, Niehaus died of a heart attack Wednesday at his home in Bellevue. He was the voice of the Mariners since the team's inception in 1977.

More from the Mariners Home Page: http://mynorthwest.com/category/mariners_articles/20101110/Mariners-broadcaster-Dave-Niehaus-dies-at-75/


I grew up loving to hear his calls for the Mariners. It was what made me a Seattle Mariner fan, through the bad years and the great 90's Dave and Rick made the Mariners fun to listen to, when I could not make it to the games in person. Unfortunately when I moved to Colorado
I could not get into the Rockies because their on air team just did not meet Dave's game calling.
Sorry Rockies fans, I will always be a Mairiners fan because of Dave. He will be greatly missed.

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment